What's new

Breaking 6th Gen, what to get?

Roylewaa

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord SE Exec
An 02 plate 6th gen has just came into my local breakers, very good running order 2.0 SE, no out of the ordinary bits and a grubby beige cloth interior, however mechanically great

I was considering nabbing a few bits to store in the shed as you never know with older cars, my question is what are common fail items that are worth me buying and storing as these cars really don't come up oftern breaking

I already plan to get the lambda sensor as it looks a fairly recent replaced part and the rear brake calipers

Anything else worth getting, I was thinking about the gearbox too?

cheers for any info :)

An 02 plate 6th gen has just came into my local breakers, very good running order 2.0 SE, no out of the ordinary bits and a grubby beige cloth interior, however mechanically great

I was considering nabbing a few bits to store in the shed as you never know with older cars, my question is what are common fail items that are worth me buying and storing as these cars really don't come up oftern breaking

I already plan to get the lambda sensor as it looks a fairly recent replaced part and the rear brake calipers

Anything else worth getting, I was thinking about the gearbox too?

cheers for any info :)

Andrew, Is the car a manual...I,ve just changed mine from auto to 5sp. & I,m looking for some parts I cannot find in Holland...will weight in with any costs involved.
Cheers Eddie.

Yes it's a manual, the breakers is kbautospares and they list their breaking cars on eBay aswell

What are you after?

Andrew, The manual loom for the gearbox as mine has a differant VSS. plug, to include the wires & plug for the clock...the manual gauge cluster.
Cheers Eddie.

I will be calling in next week, I will get prices for you, the clocks no problem, I would imagine around £15

Is the loom for the gearbox difficult to remove? I ***ume you mean the loom to the clocks aswell?

Does it have fog lights? I need replace a cracked fog lamp.

I dont' think it has fogs no, its just an SE

Here's the car on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-VTEC-2-0-Petrol-2002-Gearknob-breaking-for-spares-/330858294837?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d08b0ee35

Its green, the picture makes it look black

Andrew, I bought a clock & ash-tray on e-bay but my 1.8is does not have that part off the dash loom that includes the plug for the clock...the gearbox loom should be easy enough to remove, or if to much trouble just cut the 3 pin plug that goes to the speedo sender on the box with some cable.
Cheers Eddie.

Ok, I will have a look for you

I know the car has climate control therefore the clock is on that unit and it Doesent have the lower clock above the ashtray

Andrew, I,ve been on the web site off that breakers & asked for a quote for,
door & boot locks,
Ign. switch, with a key that had a fob with remotes that worked,plus immobiliser & manual ecu,
VSS plug with 6" off cable.
As of today they have not replied any chance you can help.
The reason I need all this I,ve changed from auto to manual gearbox & my ecu etc. is no good.
Cheers Eddie.

If it were me i'd have the handbrake cables, as well as the rear calipers.

Not had a chance to get up there this week as had a busy week with my daughters birthday, I will be going again next week

I'd already planned to get the rear calipers, never thought to get the handbrake cables, I checked the handbrake on it and it felt pretty good, I need a rear light cluster aswell, as mine has a crack and a piece broken off near the boot