What's new

Buying 2.2 i-DTEC ES GT Auto box?

zack101

Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hey, all.

I am in the market for a car and I have always been a fan of Honda's reliability. I came across the above.

2.2 i-DTEC ES GT Auto
59 Reg
90k miles
Full-service history, the majority from Honda then local. Looks like 7 stamps but I will confirm when I see it a little later.

It is on for £3.5k which seems quite reasonable.

If it was a manual I would have bought it already.

I am unsure about the auto gearbox, I do want an auto so it makes sense.

Any info about reliability?

Over the winter I likely will not be doing mega mileage but when spring kicks back in myself and the family are usually out every weekend camping or travelling and putting the miles on.

I should also add, the body work is quite clean. No rust, I have seen a few lately which are complete rust buckets. This seems to have been well taken care of.

Update: I bought it.

Cracking car.

Bodywork for a 14-year-old car is almost immaculate.

It was a trade-in to Honda. So, straight from the dealer.

Full Honda service history. I think the only thing I will be looking to do is get the autobox serviced. Try and put some parking sensors in it. Possibly an upgraded android screen.

Ensure you use genuine Honda ATF for the gearbox, and enjoy.

Congrats!

Other than usual diesel problems (DPF) I'd say they're reliable cars. Certainly in my personal experience so far as I have had 0 breakages in nearly a year of driving mine just standard maintenance. That being said, mine is a petrol which are legendary for strength.

Do you have the Sat Nav screen or the more simple one?

If it's the simple one it's quite straightforward to swap the factory head unit for a double DIN surround as the climate info is on the upper screen. If you have Sat Nav it's a bit more complicated as the climate control info is part of the factory head unit.

There are also Android units available on AliExpress etc but personally I'm not a fan, I'd rather have a name brand head unit, but it's all personal preference