What's new

Buzzing Noise in speaker?

waj1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-ctdi
Hi guys,

I recently noticed that whenever i turn on my sidelights or dipped lights i get a buzzing sound coming from my front passenger speaker when the stereo is on . When i turn the headlights off its gone. Any ideas???

Not in relation to cars, but as a sound engineer, I'd guess at an earthing problem somewhere. I have no idea how you'd go about it in the Accord, but you need to make sure the indicator circuit is properly earthed. There may be a loose/disconnected/broken cable somewhere. If it isn't the indicator circuit, check the stereo is earthed. But it'd have thought it would be the indicator. If the stereo wasn't earthed, it would hum all the time. Instead it's picking up circuit noise (and amplifying it) from the lack of earthing on your indicator circuit. Hope that's of some help man.

But as I've little experience with car stereo, it could be something completely different. This is just what comes to mind first for me.

Yep a bad earth creating interference with the speaker

I can tell you right now and i guarantee you i am 1000% correct. looking at your avatar you have a HID kit.

Its your ballasts causing interference.

Some cheap kits are not very well insulated and cause interference with the radio. Only fix is new ballasts.

Hope that is it.... 'cos if I am right in what I am thinking, the Accord has dozens of earthing points :(

Good luck!