Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

mac5

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 SE Executive
Hi All,

After long deliberation (I've been tempted to ditch the Accord and buy a Volvo lately...), I've decided to keep the car medium to long term and make some improvements.

First on my list are new brakes. Along with pads and discs, it'll be getting new calipers all round.

I will be painting the calipers, but I'm stuck on colour.

My car is Baikal Green, and I'm wondering if I should go with red, yellow, gold or just plain old boring black?

Opinions appreciated?

Gold and green, classic combo.

^ Was gonna say the same thing. if your gonna go for colour go for gold. Red is too common and doesn't go well with green and yellow will look gash.

What paint are you going to use?

I was going to do mine silver with Hammerite. I settled on the colour but not sure if the paint will be any good, which is an issue cause I've already bought it lol.

Hammerite has never been a problem for me before, if they're new calipers - no problem, if they're not, a good wire brush/break cleaner/wire brush/water/wire brush/more water should key it up sufficiently.

Aye the rears are relatively new (3yrs) but its the carriers that are a bit of a mess. The fronts are a mix of red and black paint flakes, don't know whats going on there lol. I was going to do them last year, but just never got round to it.

I got this wee set of brushes, just for use in an ordinary drill and I thought they did a great job on my arb bush brackets and roll bar, especially for the cost.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/drill-carbon-steel-wire-brush-set-3pc/13734

Sounds like previous failed attempts at brake painting with rubbish paint :D

I've got a similar set of little brushes, they're a lifesaver.

Silver, black or gold will all look ok on a green car IMO. I usually do mine red though, as red means stop :lol:

*edit

You can't do much worse than my Prelude, I couldn't be bothered to paint the caliper I bought for it to match the carrier :lol: