What's new

Calling on all 2.0 Owners!

ajuj12

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
Hey Guys,

Well i thought i would pick some of you more experienced users brains and get the creative juices flowing lol. Well i have a 2.0 type s (stock) and i would like to ask other 2.0 owners about what is the best modification you guys have done so far? Is it Manifold, air filter or something else. Basicly trying to figure what i can do to get more performance from the car and more power throughout the whole rev range!

Everyones welcome to join in :D

The 2.0 variant you have is an economy focused engine so any engine mods wont give massive gains. I would focus on the handling and look at some coilovers and some stronger ARB,s. Once your at that stage you will probably need some camber adjusters so you can dial in the geometry properly.

Thats what I would do if I was after more from the car and wasnt focusing on the cosmetics ie skirts ect......

Alright mate

Agree with Monks on this one unless your thinking of doing serious work on the engine, the chassis is best place to start...

Have a look for H&R ARBs IMHO these rock, couple them to either a matched damper and spring combo (i thinks theres been mention of Koni yellows with eibach springs??) or a full coilover kit (both with rear camber adjusment)

Im running TEIN Superstreets, i think a couple of others are running TEINS (Basics and Comfort sports i think), some are running Buddy clubs. with that you should be able to carry more speed in to the corners and have more fun on the twisty roads. One of the accords strengths is its double wishbone suspension setup - maximise its potential FTW ;)

Get hold of some basic breathing mods after that, ie intake and header just to finish it off

yeah i noticed that the car is a bit shaky around the corners, i need to read up on what u said, as to me u sound like ur talking PHD stuff :). Good point though i got like a budget of 3k i would say to fix the car right now. I really want it to stick to the road so anymore simplified advice would be helpful :p.

sorry mate
just to expand

ARBs - Anti roll bars, they transfer the compression of suspension on the outside of the car during cornering (ie the right hand side of the car in a left hand corner) to the opposite side of the car helping to level the cars body and optimise the suspension geometry on both sides allowing for maximum tyre surface contact and therefor more grip

ARB info - http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?subcategory=Anti%2DRoll+Bars&category=Suspension
H&R ARBs - http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=107167

H&R supply a matched set of ARBs (Front and Rear) but on a front wheel drive vehicle only the rear really needs stiffening up to help grip and reduce understeer

Stiffer suspension also aids this, Just getting lowering springs fitted is ok for achieving a drop but it will likely be harder wearing on the stock shocks leading to a higher potential for the shocks to fail, so it is recommended that you change the entire shock and spring set for either sports shocks and springs or a coilover kit. Honda to a sports kit which is slightly lower than standard called the 'A spec kit' and several people have got this an find it an adequate set up.

coilover and suspension info - http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?subcategory=Coilover+Kits&category=Suspension

hope some of this helps. you should be able to get a suspension kit and ARB sourced and fitted for under £1.5K

thanka alot mate, thats some rally awesome and helpful information :D.

HI mate!

I have a cone filter fitter...the make is of the filter is called Green.

I had to buy a step down pipe...basically it's a rubber pipe that is bigger at one end then the other allowing air filter to 'marry' intake hose!

Sounds amazing and i would start with that basic mod to wet your appetite!

Coilovers are a good idea. I had Tein SuperStreet but i found them to last only 2 years before the front shockers packed in. Bought Buddyclub N+ coilovers and they are well better...in my opinion... due to variety of lowness!!

Not sure a re-map would benefit your/our cars much, i thought about doing it but thats about it!

Hope this guff was of some help!

Regards Ali