What's new

Can anyone tell me what this is?

bobabobajob

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer GEN 7 Diesel
Hi,

I've just purchased an Accord Tourer 2005 and am delighted with it. It is older than my previous car- a Toyota Avensis 2009 Hatchback and has many more miles, but I don't care because it's humungous, great to drive and very comfortable.

Anyway, some sort of hands-free bluetooth jobby is fitted to the Drivers Windscreen pillar and despite randonly pressing buttons to try and make it pair with my phone, it does nothing. When I turn the ignition the blue-led comes on and it emits a beep and at the same time a beep comes from something behind the glivebox (haven't looked yet).

Does anyone know what brand/model it is so that I can search for instructions.

1zegw9g.jpg

Cheers

STeve

Hi Steve I have nether seen this on an Accord.But I'm sure someone hear might no.
I no Honda do an edition for hands free kit if cars haven't them fitted.

It's a genuine Honda hands free kit. Google for accessory Honda hft kit you should find some info.

Many thanks Paul. I searched for HFT 2008 and found this http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php?***le=Installing_the_Honda_bluetooth which seems about right, albeit for a CIVIC. Usefully it's got a link to the Honda documentation and so now it's all up and working. When I'd been searching previously I kept coming across later versions with a display, I guess I was a bit dim really and should have searched for all models.

Integration with iPhone 5s is pretty good really, you can do everything with voice commands, although how that works with four kids in the car on the autoroutes remains to be seen.

Anyway- thanks for the prompt reply, it's saved me some time.

Steve