What's new

Can I turn the lights off that are mounted in the door cards?

hornyhonda

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CDTi
They seem to drain the battery when im working on the car. Is there anyway to temporarily turn them off?

Cheers

I've had mine on for hours before and no issues with battery

I had the car in the garage for a few days and it failed to start. I did have the stereo on whilst working on the car so maybe it was a combination of both.

It would be the stereo that would drain the battery. Those lamps in the door consume very little current and would take awhile to drain a 700amp hour battery in the accord Diesel.

How old is the battery? Might be worth changing it now. Especially now that it has gone flat. When lead acid batteries go flat they never recharge back to full voltage

Holdcroft Honda are doing a great deal on genuine batteries for members at 46 quid posted I think

Thanks mate, that is a good price on the battery especially delivered. I like the idea of swapping them out to led bulbs, I may do that anyhow but not for the purpose of less current being drawn just as they look crisper and cleaner. Are they a festoon type bulb or a normal 5w sidelight type bulb?

I just wondered if there was a switch somewhere for turning them off for maintenance but it doesnt really matter. At the time I was too scared to disconnect the battery thinking id need a stereo code but it turns out on the 7th gen no code is required.

I put a led block in mine and also stuck one under the door card so it shines on the ground also. looks great at night.

gtv said:
I put a led block in mine and also stuck one under the door card so it shines on the ground also. looks great at night.
you can now get plug and play projectors so no need to drill the door card is built into a side light unit, the projector just shapes out a little. Changed on drivers side but near side bulb holder is missing, appears may have been pushed through when someone last tried to change. Any tips on removing door card?

Got the door card off. Found the housing with the led stuck half way up the door. Someone must have left it out previously having removed the door card.

f2raf said:
you can now get plug and play projectors so no need to drill the door card is built into a side light unit, the projector just shapes out a little. Changed on drivers side but near side bulb holder is missing, appears may have been pushed through when someone last tried to change. Any tips on removing door card?
Can you send a link of this?

281364534977 this is the item number on eBay but even though they were meant for the accord I had to improvise because they didn't fit inside the space as the backing was too big. I had to remove the two screws on the back take of the back cover and cut the top part about 5mm . I managed to do it with a sharp scissors. It then clipped I'm fine otherwise no chance and you could snap them if u force them in. The cosmetic cut away bit is on the inside so can't be seen once in. The seller just wouldn't accept it, he wanted me to return them for a refund but I wanted the right size, in the end I improvised and seller took my negative feedback.