What's new

can u add a 6 speed gearbox to a F18

ChristopherLaw

Members
Reaction score
Car
1.8 sport + 2.2CDTI
while im driving on motorways.. driving at 70mph its so close to Vtec band kicking in... is it possible to fit a 6 speed gear box to the F18b.. so i can save a bit of fuel on the motorways driving to events around the country by dropping the revs down 1 or 2k....

If you could find a 6speed Honda gearbox with an input shaft that fits, then yes. However, I can bet my life that you would need a custom bellhousing, linkages, mounts, possibly flywheel, slave/master cylinder setup, shafts and much much more...In other words, anything is possible including fitting a 6speed.. Just be prepared for it to cost £££££.

BlueVTEC said:
If you could find a 6speed Honda gearbox with an input shaft that fits..
the only thing i could look at is the internals for the s2000. could it be transferred to the gearbox casing for the accord..im just spit balling here lol.. no idea if this is possible, im basicly guessing lol

No, S2000 is RWD and has completely different internal setup etc.

Basically mate, it is impossible unless you are prepared to spend thousands upon thousands.

Jon_G said:
I bet that guy who fitted the S2000 head to his F18b would know how to fit the gearbox as well.
Haha, I take it you saw my reply? :D

I will remain very very skeptical until I see pictures. For the money it would of cost to fit an S2000 head (and make it spin the other way!) and fit Spoon internals, he could of had a H22 in there with fully forged internals, mahoosive turbo and generally just a monster of an engine!

It was the fuel pump change that confused me though. Why change from an Accord pump which in simple terms can flow upto 235LPH (incredibly well engineered pump!) to an S2000 one which flows "just" 151LPH. It just doesn't make any sense!

i seen it also.. I feel someone maybe been pulling someones leg lol

simorfc said:
i seen it also.. I feel someone maybe been pulling someones leg lol
if its true.. the gaskets part numbers should be the same.... i got a friend who works for a part company who will look into it for me.....

I know.

The same guy 'wrote' a whole bunch of DIY guides that soon turned out to have been cut & pasted from US websites... they had to be deleted so TA didn't get done for copyright infringement!

some peeps just want attention or too make themselves look awesome lmao , too the o,p i was wondering this too i never drive lees than 80 on a motorway and noticed that the vtec drank fuel like my dad drinks pints lol

Not really logical to spend hundreds possibly thousands on a 6 speed gearbox to save a few quid in fuel.

The upside of the 5th gear sitting so high in the revs is you have plenty of power on top to overtake, makes a world of a difference as there is no need to drop down gears.