What's new

Car in the garage tomorrow

P

Paul the Bobby

As some of you may know my car has suffered with a hesitation/stutter since owning it. It went back into HH but it still persisted. I had several emails with Steve who asked me to bring it back and they'd continue their investigations. Due to Becs being due soon we agreed I would bring I in whilst I'm on paternity with a date tbc.

Yesterday I tried to use my handsfree but it wouldn't recognise any voice controls. I continued totry to no avail. I recieved a couple of calls and everyone said there was a continuous loud interference and couldn't hear me (although I could hear them. I tried to reset the system but it wasn't recognising any voice commands.

I called in today at Huddersfield Honda and asked if they could take a quick look at the HFT. They pulled a techie of another job and after demonstrating the heard if hearing system we both believe it to be the microphone.

I went back in and got the car booked in for tomorrow with a courtesy car (FOC). They asked about the previous hesitation and offered to take another look whilst they had it which I accepted.

On returning home I spoke to Steve at HH who told me what they'd tried to prevent duplication which I was really pleased with. (HH cleaned the EGR for starters).

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the microphone/HFT sorted and be one step nearer to solving the stutter. Good show all round in my opinion! Especially as I'd prefer to spend a daywith my unborn child then driving to Stoke during my paternity leave.

On a separate note has anybody ever gone into the microphone levels screen on the sat nav. I did and the volume of the microphone went straight to the top (without me even saying anything) and just stayed there. I'm guessing it should move around between min and max in relation to sounds picked up. Speech etc.

Fingered crossed buddy hope the problem gets sorted soon :) regarding the volume I think it might be an exec thing as I have not got that option in my car even though its a facelift sport.

Nice one Paul :) I'm sure they will fix it for you... nice guys at Hepworth Honda, they had a set of Brand New rage wheels last month for £650 with tyres! Just a shame I didn't have spare cash at the time as I did when I bought the Pentas from HH...

As for you microphone issue I don't have the HFT but sure someone will sort it out :)

Never checked the setting bud - have the car for the weekend so will have a play.

Give Becks some Tabasco based foods and get her to sneeze a lot. It has to be time soon?

Between you, Faddy and the other imminent arrivals in the club I am getting broody again!

Only 12 days if it arrives on time!

To access the settings screen hold the left three buttons under the screen (think it's back, map and menu) for 5 seconds. The microphone test is under one of the options on the right hand side.

Nice one Paul :) I'm sure they will fix it for you... nice guys at Hepworth Honda, they had a set of Brand New rage wheels last month for £650 with tyres! Just a shame I didn't have spare cash at the time as I did when I bought the Pentas from HH...

As for you microphone issue I don't have the HFT but sure someone will sort it out :)

£650 is a bargain!!! Especially with tyres!

£650 is a bargain!!! Especially with tyres!

Yep sure is! 19" Yokos too! Oh well :( lol good luck with it tomorrow buddy and enjoy the courtesy car you may get a Type R lol in Jazz clothes ;)

I really could do without that sort of temptation you guys.

Come on!

Unless the s after the 1.2 stands for supercharger I think it'll be disappointing :)

On a separate note has anybody ever gone into the microphone levels screen on the sat nav. I did and the volume of the microphone went straight to the top (without me even saying anything) and just stayed there. I'm guessing it should move around between min and max in relation to sounds picked up. Speech etc.

Yes you are right, and what you describe points at the mic being faulty. Mine went just the same way, though was intermittent for a while. A new mic insert from ebay was around £3.50 and easy to replace. I'm sure the dealer will replace the unit the mic is on at much more expense than that though. They seem to be failing as they age and looks like becoming a common problem.

Well just collected my car and it's all be washed and vacuumed.

The mic is faulty and one on order from Belgium. Should be in next Tuesday ish but will phone and fit it while I wait.

The stutter unfortunately I'm no further on with. Everything is fine on HDS, no codes and all tests passed. They advised that the next step would be to swap known good parts and trial and error. This wouldn't be covered under warranty until the faulty part was found and they advised to return to HH.

No charge despite them looking at it for the majority of the day. Another great show from Hepworth Honda and the service manager Paul.

Cheers. Just want the little one to arrive now. I'll be worrying until it's here!

Nah, you start worrying when you reckon you'll never sleep again!

8 weeks is the magic timeframe, they will settle down into a routine after that.

We've learnt so much with Joseph that we won't repeat so fingers crossed!

Paul have then done a injector calibration test?

I dont know to be honest mate. They said they had worked on all today (think they were quiet as I only called in yesterday and they booked me in for today) and been out in it to recreate the hesitation. All the tests that they did came back fine on HDS.

Paul, I thought we confirmed it to be the IMRC when we unplugged it or have I missed something the last few weeks?

I thought it was but decided to do an extended test with it unplugged. After a short while the hesitation/stutter started sgain with it unplugged. :(