What's new

car specs

sonar_boy

Members
Reaction score
Car
none :(
Hi guys, new to the forum.

Getting first "proper" car soon, 8th gen accord topping my list at the mo. Good combination of coolness, economy, reliability, exclusivity, hard to beat really.

But im unsure about all the specs. Parkers explains half the story and was hoping for either a link to a site that explains it all well, or for someone here to impart with their knowledge.

I.e. I understand es gt gets body kit, does ex then lose it? A lot of places claim ex is top spec, but I thought ex gt was? From memory parkers says ex gets leather seats. I've seen plenty with half leather! Is the sunroof an option?

Sorry for being a noob! Hopefully I'll soon be an accord owner if I have things my way so any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

On my phone so sorry for any mistakes.
josh

Having been searching for one of these myself I may be able to answer some of your questions.

ES = basic model, fabric seats
ES GT = half leather seats, subtle but nice looking bodykit.
EX GT = half leather seats, subtle but nice looking bodykit, a few extras like heated and electric seats, parking sensors, Xenons
EX = Full leather, no bodykit but most of the extras bar xenons

Guess you could say the EX GT is the top of the range although there's considerably less about when compared with the other models.

As for the sunroof it seems that the ES, ES GT and EX GT won't have one at all. Some of the earlier 08 and 09 EX's don't have a sunroof although from 10 on it seems compulsory.

As for engine options:

2L and 2.2D on the ES
2L and 2.2D on the ES GT
2L, 2.2D and 2.4L are all available on the EX.
No idea what is available on the EX GT. All I have ever seen is diesels.

Welcome to the forum

Great reply, thanks. Clears up a few things at least.

Now to decide to wait it out for the right ex gt, or get an ex? I do like the body kits but I dont think that is enough to make me drop to es gt. Hmm!

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Great reply, thanks. Clears up a few things at least.

Now to decide to wait it out for the right ex gt, or get an ex? I do like the body kits but I dont think that is enough to make me drop to es gt. Hmm!

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Some advice I've been given:

Buy an EX and stick a 'sports pack' bodykit on for about £1000

Buy an EX GT and stick a 2nd hand set of leathers in for £400 or so.

Gets you the best of both worlds then.

That's all well and good, but finding an exgt with good miles, in my budget, not half the country away and with decent history is not as easy as I would like!

Dont want to spend more than 9k but would pref spend 8k. Under 70k miles. Prefer either the blues or dark silver/charcoal but colour takes a bit of a back seat really. Manual diesel.

Theres a few manuals about in ex gt guise. Not for me so rest ***ured we won't be grappling over the same car :) this time if year a good time to buy. Go and test drive a few different trim levels and see what you like. Do the research, be patient, find a car you like. Don't be disheartened if one you like goes. Whilst not as common as mondeos or 3 series, theres enough about for another one to pop up.

Type s :)

Not too many about though :-(

70k miles check the brakes. Especially the front, might need discs and pads, £270 from Honda.

Check the DPF is working on a diesel, no warning lights on the dash, don't end up inheriting someones DPF problems, might be worth getting fault codes read. DPF is a service item though, so don't expect it to last forever, budget for replacement £1k or removal and remap, its debatable whether removal is legal, MoT might start testing for DPFs at some stage in the next few years.