What's new

Car starting and shaking problem

waj1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-ctdi
Ok, so im back with another problem, :( car has reached 154k, serviced every 6k fully syn oil 0w30 and new fuel filter on the last service.

So, I have noticed that every now and then, when i try to start the car, turn the key, the car just dies, it takes like 3 or 4 attempts to get it started and most of the time i have to press on the accelerator and it starts. Never used to do that before, strange and also when it does finally starts the car shakes, coming from the engine bay... :unsure:

I replaced the fuel filter thinking that it may be that but it hasnt helped... i dont know if this is relevant to the problem i changed the battery a few months back. Bought a Bosch S4 battery with the following spec:

Amp Hours (Ah) 72Ah
Cold Cranking Amp 680 cca

Yep, glow plugs failing

thanks for the advice guys, i forgot to mention this happens when the engine is usally warm when i have driven it around town for a while, first thing in the morning its fine, starts straight away....

can glow plugs still be the culprit?, they have never been changed....

Another thing, say I've been driving for a while I go to fill up, when I go and pay and return to start the car it wont start the first time, or sometimes parked on a hill, same thing, but only when the engine is hot....