What's new

Car stuttering airflow?

cobanstine

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 53
What a day i have had.

Earlier today i saw small fire under a new golf just round corner from my house. So i pulled over and asked one of the locals whats going on and managed to get their hose pipe and put the fire out. Then fire engine came and they said looks like the mechanics left a rag in car and set the engine guard cover on fire damage wasn't that bad and i put the fire out quick.

Anyways soon after i got in my car and i was turning around and scraped my car pretty badly against the lamppost must of been all the excitement and poor visibility. The left side of my bumpers half hanging of not to fussed i needed to get a new bumper anyways.

The problem:

But the new problem is that the cars stuttering a bit under acceleration and it sounds like its pulling air in and a little scraping type of sound.
I was wondering have i knocked the air intake or something on the left hand side of the car

Seems like 'carma' is working the opposite way for me today :/

sounds like you've damaged the intercooler. Thats where it is located pal

sounds like you've damaged the intercooler. Thats where it is located pal

Ah it could be it was clearly visible when i was poking around. If it is that how big of a job is it if it needs to be replaced.

Ah bad news dude!! If you need it repairing, let me know i'll put you in touch with Captain. It does sound like you've either punctured or possibly knocked off the intercooler pipework..

Ah bad news dude!! If you need it repairing, let me know i'll put you in touch with Captain. It does sound like you've either punctured or possibly knocked off the intercooler pipework..

Will do fahad just been having trouble locating a front bumper. Phoned almost every breaker around the area

Post a pic up, it might be repairable with some fibre glass and plastic welding