What's new

car tester

toninu

Members
Reaction score
Car
soon accord
hi,
is there anyone on this forum living close to the west midlands and really knows what to look for in an accord diesel?
i as looking at this example:
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3887972.htm

I'm from malta (europe) and its not worthwhile for me to fly all the way over there to check it out.
is there anyone able to check it out against a fee?
seems to me the owner takes good care of it from the description and that he knows his accord

Wait, what? You want someone to check out this car for your, then you will fly over? Dont suppose anyone will go for it mate, I woudnt. Cant you take a week holidays, stay somwhere nice and look for cars? Dan

Well its got a stage 1 remap in the car so Fahad might no the history of this car.But as to ask someone to look at the car for you I can't imagine that would happen fella.

would have paid for the check beforehand of course as i stated in the post.
since there is no direct flight from here to anywhere near the midlands, i thought it would be cheaper to pay someone that's it.
a friend of mind wasted a lot of time to find a good example,
also, i'm not really an expert at what to look for that;s why

Toninu, I understand your reasons but you need to consider the responsibility you will be placing on the person doing the "test".

Money isn't really a factor IMHO.

If they missed something that resulted in a major expense later- it could get sticky.

Hopefully you'll get some positive results from the other threads you have already found. Good luck with the hunt!

I'll do it!

I have to send my bank details and a small cheque to an African prince to help him transfer some money (just doing him a favour, you understand). On the way to the post office I'll check out the car.

Seriously, I agree with Dan. It would be different if someone was going along with you to give it the once over but to take all the responsibility, its a bit of a big ask.

do you recommend buying a car with this amount of mileage?
what problems do usually crop up at this amount ?
are these engines good for a lot more than this?

If you're happy to pay then I would suggest you get an AA vehicle inspection or similar - then you know what you're getting.

Just browse thru the forum mate, diesel faults especially and you will know almost everything you should worry about.

Toninu, I understand your reasons but you need to consider the responsibility you will be placing on the person doing the "test".

Money isn't really a factor IMHO.

If they missed something that resulted in a major expense later- it could get sticky.

Hopefully you'll get some positive results from the other threads you have already found. Good luck with the hunt!

understood.. hopefull my friend will be going over from manchister to check it out

this blue accord is a members car,will try to find out who's...here you are guys....it belongs to phil or user name Duggie,it was remapped by our friend faddy...

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/10023-my-pride-and-joy-gen7-is-for-sale/

That's Duggie's car, i do know him he bought my old wheels too (which you can see in one of the pics).

I can vouch for Duggie, he's a good guy and knows his cars. He also runs Subaru's and does a lot of work himself.

That car is running on our original Stage 1 EGR ON but was tuned by us at least 2 years ago. I remember it being a nice clean car but I've not seen it since then.

I guess as with anything in life, you need to do your own research etc and take your chances. I couldn't say any more than that.

That's Duggie's car, i do know him he bought my old wheels too (which you can see in one of the pics).

I can vouch for Duggie, he's a good guy and knows his cars. He also runs Subaru's and does a lot of work himself.

That car is running on our original Stage 1 EGR ON but was tuned by us at least 2 years ago. I remember it being a nice clean car but I've not seen it since then.

I guess as with anything in life, you need to do your own research etc and take your chances. I couldn't say any more than that.

thanks. a friend of mine is ddriving down from manchister to check it out.
hopefully it will be in good condition. really love the colour/interior combination