What's new

Cel Light on Suspected Maf issue

Greg-Sir

Reaction score
Car
2010 Accord DieselGt
Hi folks yesterday i was doing the gearbox on oil on my 2010 Diesel Accord and all went pretty well with the "how to guide" on here which i was delighted to find but nearing the end of the job i was putting the airbox back on and dropped 2 of the screws off the top of it on to the ground and went to reverse car a couple of feet to get them but had left the Maf sensor disconnected on the tubing and car was very lumpy when i started it,i shut it off straight away and connected it back in now it starts perfect and drives perfect but the Cel remains on now even after battery been left off for a while it's not resetting.
Any tips?
Could have maybe damaged the sensor along the way are they fragile?i wasn't rough or anything just took jiggling around to get the box in and snug.
Lots of great stuff on here to read up on too,i'm now on my 4th Accord and loving it so far.

If you started the engine with the maf disconnected then you will have an error that just needs to be cleared with any compatible obd2 code reader

Thanks F6HAD i must get one of them obd2 readers i often see them coming up cheap and in conversation but i went for a 15 minute drive earlier after and it cleared the cel after that with a second restart.
I actually went to use a paper clip to jump the harness to pull the cel after the drive and noticed on ignition turn the light had gone out.
The radio fuse blew the same time somehow but swapped that out and all good the car is fine once again.
A win after a long weekend of filters and oils i'll take that :)