What's new

CG Paddle clutch, your experiences

Busted

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-CDTI Estate
So, what are your views?
How do they bed in? I know they will be a bit 'grabby' and 'juddery' compared to stock but what are they like to live with on a day to day basis with a stop/start commute?

What no one? I thought quite a few had these now?

I have had the paddle clutch on my car for around three weeks. To be honest if your main use of the car is in stop start traffic then it might end up doing your head in. The clutch is designed to be dropped for a quick get away and seems to be smoother then quicker you set off in my experience.

I only really have any juddering in 1st or 2nd and this can be overcome by revving the engine more than you would normally. Unfortunately this is not ideal in traffic where you are constantly rolling forward then stopping. Luckily where i live is not too busy and so I can live with the clutch grabbing occasionally.

Thanks mate. Only part of my commute is stop start so may be ok!

Chris, for the peace of mind, it's worth it. Seriously.

I have this clutch and it is brilliant at what it is designed to do...BUT if I had a lot of traffic to contend with it would get on my nerves, luckily I do not have this problem so I enjoy the way I can give it full throttle without being worried about it slipping. I have stage 2 :D