What's new

changing front fog lamp

peter.thinboy

Members
Reaction score
Car
2003 accord
Hi everyone, I need to change the NSF fog lamp on my 2003 2.0 Executive due to broken glass. What is the easiest way?
Regards,
Peter

I've done this myself, the only way is to remove the front bumper (which is why a dealer bill will be a lot of money for this job).

There's a thead in the forum with pics that show where most of the clips are.
See http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1406-headlight-removal-and-part-of-the-bumper/

If you want to see an exploded drawing, go to the Lings Honda website.
Here is a link http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_catalogue_C01.php
Put in your car reg, and then after a couple of other clicks, you'll come to all the drawings for your car. Go to the bumpers drawing.

As Brian said the easiest way is to remove the front bumper its not as hard as you think.

The owners handbook talks about opening a flap in the mudguard to change the bulb, can't this be utilised to change the lamp?
Regards,
Peter

You might be right there peter im thinking of changing the hole fog light.The owners book is very good indeed and if it says that give this a try.
Im not 100% on this as i nether had to change one.

Seriously, the bumper comes off in under ten minutes once you find the things that need to be done. If I can do it (which I've done a few times now) anyone can. I promise you.

There should be two 10mm bolts underneath and two philips head screws (one in each wheel arch). There are loads of those plastic push cap things which all come out easily with a flat blade screw driver. The rest just pops off. Don't be afraid to be a little rough when pulling off ;) . Then you can access the fogs no problem. Do you have washers for your lights? If so, be careful as you have some plumbing to bare in mind. But there's enough give in the hose that you can sit the bumper down and work on the things without stressing the hose.

Mr CL7's write up is awesome. Follow it and you can't go wrong for getting your bumper off.