What's new

Changing pollen and air filters on 7th gen

vile

T A Terminator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4 Manual
Hi guys iv just changed my pollen and air filter i thought i would shair this with you as a DIY.The job is a very simple one indeed it took about 10 min for both filters.

Ok the pollen filter is located behind the glove box.Under the box are 2 screws that need undoing to release the bottom.

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

Once the screws are off you can then undo the lock catch to open the glove box.

PICT0005.jpg

Once open you can see the filter casing it has 2 clips to press inwards to release then slide the hole lot out.

PICT0006.jpg

Once the filter is removed by pulling out of the casing not the difference between new and old.

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

The procedure to replace the old one is the same as taking it out but just note the filter only goes in one way.Also note the air flow that is wrote on the filter.
PICT0009.jpg

Ok for the air filter 1st you need to undo the 4 screws with a Philips or better an 8mm socket with a long bar to get to the back screws.
PICT0011.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

Then lifted the cover off to revile the air filter
PICT0015.jpg

Note the way it comes out and replace with new and put back together opposite way to start with.
Note the difference in new and old.
PICT0016.jpg

Don't know why you bothered! Can't see a difference between old and new! ;)

Nice write up. Will do mine soon.

;) little bit confused

When I was changing pollen I didnt need to unscrew any bolts. On this LINK is procedure how I did this. Maybe its something with LWD/RWD just dont know.

I'm a bit confused aswell. I thought all Accords were FWD.

Brett nice write up m8, but as above you do not have to remove the glove box, just open the box and push in the sides at the back (were the lugs stop the glove box from fully opening). I hope you understand what I am trying to explain ;)