What's new

Cheap genuine Honda exhausts

Carter

Members
Reaction score
Car
03 2.4 Ex Tourer
I noticed this a week or so ago and thought it might be a web glitch but Lings online seem to have Accord exhausts for £185 for single exit (2.0 petrol and 2.2 diesel) and £370 for 2.4 petrol (£185 for each of the two sections). I haven't phoned to confirm or tried to order online as I've just got a stainless section done for £200. I don't know if Honda have seen sense and started to drop the price of some of their parts or this is a one-off gig, but might be useful to someone to follow up.

Incidentally, a thumbs up for Simon's Custom Exhausts in East Kilbride. 2mm thick stainless from the cat right back to the rear silencers (which were in great nick compared to the rest of it) for £200, including a new flexi pipe and rewelding the cat in (http://www.simonscustomexhausts.co.uk/).

Periodically, the prices go up and down like this on exhausts. Apparently it's nothing to do with cost price, but simply if they need to flush out over-stock. A year or so ago, the 2.0 was about £135, but the 2.4 was still about £800 after labour!

This is good to hear as there are a few of us 2.4 owners here who have patched exhausts in need of replacing. Just don't tell my Mrs as I'm pricing up a custom stainless right now on account of it being cheaper than the old exhaust price, not this one :lol: .

As I type this, it's just occurred to me the tourer is different and might still be on the expensive side.

Nope! Exhaust is £185 a piece on the tourer too. Bargain. Get them while they're hot!

I reckon though, given I (and I imagine many others) need both parts (2 x £185 = £370 + labour), I could still get a custom made up for cheaper (Sub £375 parts and labour).

Nope! Exhaust is £185 a piece on the tourer too. Bargain. Get them while they're hot!

I reckon though, given I (and I imagine many others) need both parts (2 x £185 = £370 + labour), I could still get a custom made up for cheaper (Sub £375 parts and labour).

Yeah, I justified my stainless number on the basis of it being cheaper than Honda (which it was when I booked it in!) and still is now as I'd have needed both sides to sort the blowing pipes just before the back boxes. A full stainless system from where I got mine would still have only been about £350.

I checked with Holdcroft last week and the 2.4 Tourer sections are indeed £185 each at the moment. I shall be ordering shortly as I have a slight blow from on of the hanger welds!