What's new

Check engine light on - what could it be?

bwdrew

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 I-CDTI Tourer EX
Hi everyone,

Driving to work this morning, sitting in traffic, the check engine light came on. I tried the turning off and on with 30 second intervals as described in the manual, but it's still on. Mileage is 84k, and it's halfway through its second Shell VPD tankful. Does it need a visit to Honda to determine what it could be? Performance seems to be the same, and I've not driven it far enough to see whether it has effected the fuel consumption.

Any ideas? Anyone else seen this before? Thanks in advance!

Ben, if you want to do this yourself you need an OBD2 Scanner. Google for it. It'll tell you why the ECL is on but reading the stored code. You can then google for the code and it'll tell you what the code is ***ociated with

there is NO WAY anybody on this planet that can tell you the answer to that question unless they have a diagnostic tool of some form or other it could be a thousand and one things

there is NO WAY anybody on this planet that can tell you the answer to that question unless they have a diagnostic tool of some form or other it could be a thousand and one things

Fair enough. Ask a dumb question and all that. Thanks — I shall get it scanned and come back with the DTC. Hopefully it's something small, like a fuel filter...

yep agree with the guys take the guess work out and get the codes

very wise your ecu should have stored a fault code for this.also have a word with fahad because elite sell the code readers for are cars at a good price.