What's new

Check System :(

i think that is the dreaded DPF light

Took the car for a decent motorway run. Still the same. Looks like it might neeed a forced regeneration. Will need to call the dealer tomorrow and get a quote to do it.

That is the DPF light yes.

Consider a removal.

Scott a said:
It is being considered! Pity i'm 250 miles away from you lot!
i drove that lastnight from kent to Fahad to get the dpf, egr delete and remap. Totally worth the effort!

^^ thanks Dan.

Yes we can't be close to everyone but we are very efficient with them and can have them turned around within 4 hours. Dans took a but longer as we needed to physically blank his egr due to cracked bypass pipe leaking gasses everywhere.

BlamesCL9 said:
i drove that lastnight from kent to Fahad to get the dpf, egr delete and remap. Totally worth the effort!
You don't have a dpf???

See what dealer says, might not be as bad as it sounds.... Hopefully

Haha lol yes his CL9 doesn't. Damn what was that thing we removed..

Sgoaty said:
How many miles has your car done?

BlamesCL9 said:
Not in limp mode at 50 - 60 mph id bet tho! I don't think a 250 mile drive in limp mode would be the best for the engine!

Ive arranged to have my Neighbour who runs an independant Autoelectrical Garage take it in tomorrow and so a forced Regen on it. So will see how that goes .

F6HAD said:
^^ thanks Dan.

Yes we can't be close to everyone but we are very efficient with them and can have them turned around within 4 hours. Dans took a but longer as we needed to physically blank his egr due to cracked bypass pipe leaking gasses everywhere.

How do i tell if the EGR pipe has cracked?

If it's bad then you will actually smell it and see the fumes as was the case with Dan's car.

It's a common issue on these and a new pipe from Honda is nearly what we charge for the whole egr DPF and remap job. It was a no brainer for him

I'm not sure that info is correct as Dan's car was within those limits and diagnosed by Honda and they wanted full payment.

Always worth a shot though.

In situations like that it's better to deal with head office, particularly with known issues and extended warranties. Some staff may not be aware of such things.

Happened to me ages a go with an Opel and a gear linkage, tried to charge me but was not aware of extended warranty.

Had a manual regen done on it yesterday by a local company that my nieighbour owns. Got the car back last night and its now running perfectly. Took it for a reasonable 40-50 mile drive last night mostly on the motorway in 4th and 5th.

Car seems to be pulling a bit better now than it was before also so it might have been accumulating for a while.

The thing is tho the car gets pretty well used - ive done 40,000 miles in the last two years with it. My daily commute is 65 miles a day most of which are on the motorway - i dont dawdle along at 50mph either!

Hopefully it wont come back on.

Would like to change the car but the trade in values are now so low due to the mileage that it doesnt cover the finance ive got left :(

Hopefully you will have some trouble free motoring for a while but in my experience they do keep failing after the first forced regen.

A regen doesn't clear it, it simply brings it back down to within pre defined ash content limits.

Scott a said:
Had a manual regen done on it yesterday by a local company that my nieighbour owns. Got the car back last night and its now running perfectly. Took it for a reasonable 40-50 mile drive last night mostly on the motorway in 4th and 5th.

Car seems to be pulling a bit better now than it was before also so it might have been accumulating for a while.

The thing is tho the car gets pretty well used - ive done 40,000 miles in the last two years with it. My daily commute is 65 miles a day most of which are on the motorway - i dont dawdle along at 50mph either!

Hopefully it wont come back on.

Would like to change the car but the trade in values are now so low due to the mileage that it doesnt cover the finance ive got left :(
This really worries me personally as I have almost an identical commute (70 miles round trip). By all the advice, this should be enough to negate any DPF issues, so there seems to be no foolproof good advice out there for people who don't want to have the DPF removed. If the DPF was removed, would they notice during a service at a Honda dealer?

DPF failures can really be hit and miss Richard so don't panic, and removal isn't the only option as some people have bit the bullet and replaced the unit.

I would argue that they wouldn't notice under normal servicing, but that's based on how we do the removals and are careful not to leave any visual giveaways and also do not disable sensors.

Light came back on over the weekend. Called Holdcroft for a quote on a new filter. An Eye-watering £915 with discount.

I can get an aftermarket one for £480.

Holdcroft did mention that they have some liquid they use to clean them - anyone know anything about this? Some other forum suggests steam cleaning with a load of TFR until the water runs clear - any thoughts on that?

Yes only delaying the inevitable again but I've already said this mate.