What's new

Cigarette Lighter

jamie27

Members
Reaction score
Car
BMW 318i
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask the forum members if they have come across this at all. I have had my accord gen 7 nearing a year now and it is been solid, I went to use the satnav and plugged it in to the cigarette lighter. There was a spark and I knew I had blown the fuse. The thing is, it has been working great before this. When I went to locate the fuse it was not there. It's fuse 9 in the passenger footwell. Has anyone know the fuses to be blown out of the socket?

Thats all I think can happen as since my knowledge on this is not great I would not of thought it would of worked in the first place without it?

(I could not locate the fuse at all within the box but there is a gap it could of fallen down)

Thanks all.

Jamie.

Did I read this right, the fuse for the lighter has blown itself out of the box of fuses???!!!! Holy mackerel Batman! :eek:

It certainly looks like it....... when I accessed the fuse box in the cabin I looked at the diagram and where the cigarette lighter fuse was supposed to be there was no fuse there.
I think I need to take another look in case I am being a plank at got it wrong.

If it had blown out, wouldn't you be able to find it on the floor?

Sorry to ask the obvious, but are you sure you're looking at the right fuse location? And if you are, have you tried a new fuse in the now empty socket to see if the lighter works?

I've seen a bit of broken metal from an old phone charger causing constant blowing of the cigarette lighter on my old Accord, just make sure the lighter socket itself is free from metal debris.