What's new

civc type r seats?

smitty

Members
Reaction score
Car
type s 7th gen
does anyone know if the civic type r seats would fit my 55 reg accord type s 2.4?
i believe its an ep type r or a newer type r about the same year as my accord? cheers guys n gals

I'd imagine it's a matter of the mounting brackets? My gut feeling would be that yes they'd share mounting brackets. Can't see the Civic and Accord using different sized mounting brackets for their seats, as it makes financial sense to share such parts in terms of manufacturing, but you never know. Are you able to take any measurements and check?

Not too sure buddy as steveo said its about the mounting brackets.. I have seen s2000 seats in a civic and a prelude so should be able to be done :)

as strange as it is, ive been offered a cheap set of civic type r seats from a friend of a friend but i judt didnt know if the rails would be the same/ fixing bolts the same positions? so thought id see if anyone on here has done it or knows, as i dont have the seats to check

Hi, I've been thinking about this as well, fitting the race seats in our accord but not sure the fitting...

Great question, I would like to know this, Be a great mod, I do like the seats that are in the accord but look great with the civic seats in it. let us know if you find out an answer

well the seats are only bolted down by 4 bolts, ask you friend to measure the length of the distance between the 2 bolt holes on each rail, then measure those in the accord and if they are similar/almost the same, then they will either be the exact same fitment or could be bodged to fit. I am pretty sure the old CH accord type-r recaros didnt fit the civic back in the days. Also the seats have airbags in them so swapping them out will light up that SRS light. EP3 seats arent great tbh, but the FN2 ones would look sweet!! But of course I would prefer a set of DC2 or DC5 recaros anyday :p