What's new

CLICKING CLUTCH PEDAL!

The motorbike chain grease works a treat. Very easy to apply too. Well, easy compared to the Molykote!

shaun75 said:
Hi Serg

My Grease arrived yesterday so I got down an dirty the tubes a bit short so did a mod to make it easier as my frame is old & large so very difficult to get down there lol.
Last night felt a treat so it's see how long it lasts now.

I never mentioned I also had a clicking sound coming from the steering column so I removed the surrounding including the lower u/j cover & litely sprayed around in there & after a year of clicking that to as gone.
It sounded similar to the click the indicator stork makes when it automatically gets knocked off.

I could not find anything on it on forums only in the US where cars have been recalled for a clicking sound from the steering column.

Happy days for now have a good weekend regards Shaun.
Click is slowly coming back so for normal car use not a taxi I'd estimate it lasting a year unless it dries out first.

Just to add to this thread for those interested. I was using the molykote stuff out the tube for some time and found that I was constantly having to reapply every 2-3 weeks. The reason for this I believe is because the HVAC vents in the drivers foot well dried it out. I therefore tried the Castrol bike chain stuff and am finding much better results and its a lot easier to apply via a rattle can. I've only applied once since I received it well over 3 weeks ago and already its lasting much longer ! :D

My clutch pedal was also creaking so after reading about it I decided to have a bash at it, I don't have a syringe so I had to improvise I found a can of dry lube in the shed and as I only had the short straw tube thing I made a extension by getting a length of electrical wire and stripping out the copper inner I was then able to shove one end of the straw into it thus giving me a long flexible extension, I then went on to insert the tube into the hole I gave it a good blast then pumped the pedal did it again and no more creaking this was about 3 weeks ago and still the pedal is creak free I don't know how long it will last but so far so good the stuff I used is called 3 in 1 dry lube it goes on wet then drys I thought I would try this as I used it before on a noisy aux belt on a mondeo which did the job and was still quiet 2 years later so,only time will tell with this job fingers crossed

My only input is that I used the Halfords Silicone Spray for £3.99 (yep very cheap)

This was about 3 to 4 months ago and still no noise (and mine was bad with a click)
Only advise I would give is to spray the mechanism as well as IMO not all noises come from the Cylinder !

shaun75 said:
Click is slowly coming back so for normal car use not a taxi I'd estimate it lasting a year unless it dries out first.
No clicks here yet mate, i'm a cabbie too !