What's new

Clutch and boot floor lid questions!

thequietone

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 Accord Tourer
Hi,

We have just bought a 2.2 Tourer, Sport and I have a couple of quick questions I'm hoping you guys can advise on.

Firstly the clutch pedal feels sort of clicky at the bottom, like if it was a cable there was something restricting it. The clutch itself isn't slipping and is smooth at the top and middle of it's travel. I had the exact same feeling with my previous Honda and NSX, and it went on like it for about 20,000 miles, but I'd like to get it sorted on the Accord as it's my wife's. Apologies for the poor description and I'll say sorry for my complete lack of mechanical knowledge now too before we go any further!! :).

Secondly, the lid on the boot floor is stuck on one side. The release works on the left but not the right. Is there a better way than brute force and ignorance to release one side of it? I've had a quick look and pull but not got anywhere so far. I don't want to snap anything unless I have to!

My first impressions of the car are very good, feels really solid and little bits of it remind me of all the other Honda's I've had. I'm posting this on a phone, so sorry if there are typos etc.

Many Thanks,

Matt.

Hello and welcome
I recently added some grease to my clutch pedal and it has fixed the issue straightaway. I highly recommend doing that.

Hello,

Thank you both so much, I'll get along and introduce myself soon too. I'll find some grease and the apparatus and get it sorted.

Thank you again,

Matt

Matt you need to make sure you are using molykote grease for the clutch pedal cylinder, but it will work.

Hi,

Have applied the grease, now just need to give it a run tomorrow to see if it's worked!

Can anyone held with getting into the boot floor now? I'm thinking I'm going to have to snap it open which I really don't want to do, I just dint know how to get to the broken latch though. Any help gratefully recorded.

Regards,

Matt.

The boot lid opens just like a door, but with two clasps/hooks. You can carefully prise it open; but it can be a tad alarming.

You will then have undo the mechanism cover. Then you'll see the mechanism and probably find the little pin has broken that hold the handle part of the system to the hook.

A great car is the diesel :ph34r: even better with a remap from Fahad.Sorry cant help with the boot but as the guys said grease is the answer.

Thanks, I'll have a prise at the weekend!

Oh and part of getting rid of the NSX was because I had a beautiful baby girl, so quite honestly I couldn't care less about it going. Had 4 years and 54,000 miles of amazing fun in my 3.2 NSX, best car in the world, but still just a car. As long as there is a Honda on the drive I'm happy :).

Thanks again for all the help chaps!

Hi, boring update but I got the boot floor open and found the locking wheel nuts, yay! I'm trying to mend the mecanism which the pin had snapped in. Started fitting an Xcarlink too today, made a mess of it and the car is sat on the drive in bits! Oops. Anyway thanks to you guts I have a lovely Tourer with no creaky clutch and an open boot floor lid! Thanks :)

You're welcome mate... I can't remember ever fixing mine actually. Will have to check in the morning.