What's new

Clutch & DMF replaced (7th Gen)

hi, can i ask how much was your final bill all in? so i know the ball park figure should mines snuff it

Hi Jon. All in it was just over £1300 for everything, but to reiterate others' comments, it's quite rare for DMFs to fail on Accords & I'd consider myself to be one of the unlucky ones. Having read several members' posts about having their clutches replaced, the DMF was fine & it was just the clutch that needed replacing on theirs.

Hi Jon. All in it was just over £1300 for everything, but to reiterate others' comments, it's quite rare for DMFs to fail on Accords & I'd consider myself to be one of the unlucky ones. Having read several members' posts about having their clutches replaced, the DMF was fine & it was just the clutch that needed replacing on theirs.
To be honest Al that's quite a good price considering how much a new DMF is.

Never mind Al - hefty bill but worth it to keep your car on the road.

To be honest Al that's quite a good price considering how much a new DMF is.

Never mind Al - hefty bill but worth it to keep your car on the road.

Thanks gents. The car is so nice to drive now & putting down the extra power that Faddy's map has given it.

I've just had my clutch and DMF replaced on my 07 Tourer by Hendy Honda in Exeter. The car was still under warranty so i made a bit of a fuss so they did it for £435, they originally asked for £950.
If you stand in the salesroom at a Honda dealership and bemoan the reliability of their cars in a loud voice, it's surprising how soon the price comes down... :D
I was wondering, do Honda fit a superior clutch DMF/clutch kit than the factory fitted? Only reason for asking is that the wife's Civic iCTDi is now slipping, intermittently, if it has to be replaced it will be full price so was wondering whether to get another Honda Clutch or maybe non genuine.

There's a place in Leeds that do the CG paddle clutch & DMF for £925 the lads with stage2 remaps use these have a look through the forums and you can judge for yourself if this is for you i actually think a lot of the civic boys have these on

CG are doing it for £810 if you mention the forum - that's a complete DMF and Paddle clutch.

Wayne the answer is no, Honda don't fit a stronger DMF but they are fitting a slightly revised clutch (part number ending 325). If the clutch is installed correctly, then it should be ok.

Thanks for the info guys. At least i can get a remap done and not have to worry. The Civic will just have to have the cheapest it's only the wife's car and she wants to change it anyway.

If Leeds is too far, they also do a supply only mate. They've developed this clutch solution in house.

How hard is the 6 paddle to drive though?

Is it a pain to reverse park with or is it manageable?

An old neighbour with a Scooby had a six paddle fitted and he just sounded like a plonker when he was trying to park the car, it wasn't his fault either - although he did have a stupid loud exhaust fitted to it.

It's not bad at all David - it's basically the standard clutch modified to have paddles cut out of it and a strengthened pressure plate. So apart from a little judder on initial take off, the pedal feel and clutch action is similar to stock.. but without the slip ;)