What's new

Clutch slipping Idtec 2.2 esgt

Conalflood6

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 I-DTEC Accord
I have an Idtec 2.2 esgt accord. My clutch started to slip at mid revs so I put a new clutch kit and flywheel into the car, the clutch has continued to slip, it is the correct flywheel and clutch kit, genuine from Honda.
I am at 99k miles, why is my clutch still slipping I cannot figure out this problem, the clutch went in first and started slipping again so then I put in a new flywheel and yet again! Still slipping?!? Please someone can you help me, has anyone experienced this problem also? Is there a cure, Google cannot help me nor Honda, please someone help me, this has been going on for weeks, I am desperate.

I'm ***uming that this clutch is similar to the i-CTDi clutch... if so, was the pressure plate self-adjuster set properly during installation and was the appropriate method and tool used to ensure it did up evenly? Otherwise, maybe the hydraulic system is sticking?

Who diagnosed it and then fitted it? Is the car remapped?

According to honda the clutch would not of bonded without the correct tool. I just changed my clutch fluid, the problem still exists, I am going to bring it to a honda dealer and see if they can correct the problem, any help in the mean time would be brilliant, and yes the car is remapped to 198bhp exactly

It's likely that's your problem.

There is a specific way to tune this car without beaching the torque limiters causing excessive load on the clutch and flywheel.

Instead of spending on new clutches so often, have it put back to stock and use a decent tuner.

Today we discovered the issue to the clutch, the person who worked on the clutch put an abnormal amount of copper geese in the system, causing it to contaminate the clutch, car will be back tomorrow, then I will know if it's the end if my problems, I shall update

have you fitted standard clutch? if so, I would suggest to pay a bit more a put TypeS clutch as this will also fit to standard 2.2 dtec and it's stronger ;-)

Thanks for all your help!! Turns out clutch was completely covered in copper geese and is now running perfectly! Today is. Good day!

Nice one! Glad it's sorted and it was something simple in the end

Change your mechanic lol