What's new

Clutch squeal...

Alans27

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0 se
Not having much luck with this car of mine lately, last week the slave cylinder went and now this week it's started making a squealing sound from the clutch when cold first thing. It's definitely the clutch because if I press the clutch pedal the noise stops and then returns when the pedal is released. It's only for about 30 seconds at the most when the car is first started in the morning. Am I correct in thinking this is the early stages of my thrust bearing on its way out?

Usually it is the release bearing with those symptons.

Thanks exec, I thought as much. Think I'll let it squeal a good while longer before replacing it. It only squeals for a few seconds first thing and is then ok through the day.

I had the same problem a couple of years ago and I kind of got an "easy fix". I tied bungee cord on the clutch release fork, applying tension as if you were pushing the clutch pedal. In my case, this was enough to quiet the release bearing.

It's there for about 4 years and it's still quit, although sooner rather than latter I will have to properly fix it since the clutch is dying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk