What's new

Clutch!

m444lyx

Members
Reaction score
Car
Nike Air Max's
05/11/11 today is the first day my clutch slipped! in third gear up a slight hill, lots of lag and then slip! Revs shot up and lots of judder and noise. Whats the advice from here people? I put my foot down in first and second on my way home, no slipping at all even up to the red line

With a stage 2 tune you really only have 2 choices as far as I can realistically see, (1) get stage 2 removed :( (2) get a stronger clutch i.e.paddle from C.G. Motorsport in Leeds, or whoever, as I have just done. This will stop your clutch from slipping but you will not have a smooth releasing clutch as you have now. This is a sporty clutch and as such it is a bit grabby. This will not suit every body but if you have reasonable clutch control and just use a few more revs as you set off it's fine. HTHs.

My clutch seems to have slipped today 05/11/11!! Mine is in fifth gear.

Today splashed out to get VSA modulator repaired and now this.

Is that the only place that do them? It's not slipped since but definatley not a good sign, I was hoping to get the timing chain done as my first priority

Ahmed, as discussed when we met - on a Stage 2, it's only a matter of time..

Ouch! How long do you think this one will last me? I've been very careful with it now but I dont want to wreck the DMF

With a stage 2 tune you really only have 2 choices as far as I can realistically see, (1) get stage 2 removed :( (2) get a stronger clutch i.e.paddle from C.G. Motorsport in Leeds, or whoever, as I have just done. This will stop your clutch from slipping but you will not have a smooth releasing clutch as you have now. This is a sporty clutch and as such it is a bit grabby. This will not suit every body but if you have reasonable clutch control and just use a few more revs as you set off it's fine. HTHs.

Will it make any effect on the picking up speed of the car? At the moment it feels sluggish for a 192bhp if im honest - It was struggling to keep up to a 1.9 Astra Diesel the other day!!!!

If the Astra was a 1.9 (150) it will have a similar power to weight ratio, and if it was tuned, it will be quicker mate...

Saloon or Tourer? You have to accept the size of our cars? A clutch will do nowt for you running speed; although haven't had issues with Astra's ;) Just the opposite in fact :lol:

If the Astra was a 1.9 (150) it will have a similar power to weight ratio, and if it was tuned, it will be quicker mate...

Yes but it was a woman driving! (I did get in front of her in the end lol)

Saloon or Tourer? You have to accept the size of our cars? A clutch will do nowt for you running speed; although haven't had issues with Astra's ;) Just the opposite in fact :lol:

Hahahah, generally the new ones are quick. Mines a Saloon ill add some pictures soon!