What's new

Clutches

Dalerobert

Members
Reaction score
Car
1.8 vtec sport
Hey there im after some info really on peoples clutches on there accord 1.8s are they generally a heavy clutch or is there a problem whats starting with mine cheers

What do you mean by heavy clutch,do you mean that its stiff to press it down,ive just replaced my clutch and clutch master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder so i might be able to help you :)

Yeah its heavy to press compared to other cars ive driven i know every car is different but there nothing like this is, its not extremely heavy to press but its enough to notice a difference the car has 114000 on the clock

hi dale,when i done all my work on my car it had 119,000 miles on it,my pedal is not stiff on my car,my other car i had nissan primera clutch pedal was harder to press than on my honda now,does the car drive any different,where is the clutch biting

if the clutch fluid is ok then it sounds like the pressure plate had had it. Clutch should be light if new and over time gets stiffer with pressure plate failure and wear

Shouldn't be heavy, it might be a bit weightier than some newer cars and other older cars, but I like that as you have some feel to it.

Good result mate. What was it in the end. I still think it was the pressure plate at fault and the friction plate would of still been ok?

Got it in one type r fella feels like a clutch should feel cheers everyone for the info much appreciated