CODING REMOTE KEYFOBS - OR NOT

peter61_uk

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 3.0 V6 Coupe
keyfob2.jpg
keyfob1.jpg

I bought my 2000 (W) 3.0 V6 Coupe a couple of years ago ........... It didn't come with any remote key fobs.......... I recently bought one off evilbay and I don't seem to be able to code it to my car ........... I'm pretty sure I have the right one. It's a three button genuine Honda item .....and after a bit of research I found out that my car needs the one where the LED lights after 0.5 second when you press the boot release button............ Also, I'm certain that the car was originally spec'd for remote locking as I have the original delivery paperwork and the remote locking is checked off, as are the keys & keyfobs are listed.

There are loads of instructions online to code them and they all detail the same steps. I've followed them religiously and NOTHING - IT DOESN'T DAMN WELL WORK !!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

So if anyone has any ideas, suggestions or owt else how I can get this working ............. I'd be most grateful.

Cheers All
Peter

NB - I have no idea why the photos are at the top ............... But I can't work out how to get them at the bottom. :unsure:

Those look like American fobs.