What's new

Cold

gazz

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S Tourer
Hi Guys,

I recently acquired a 2.4 type S tourer for the missus.

I have given it a full service (air filter, oil filter and plugs). However, I have noticed when it is cold, i.e. within a mile or so it is a little jerky. Anybody experienced this with their type S? If so, any cures?

Gearbox oil and oil filter are being replaced within the next week or so.

Cheers,

Gazz.

What/how exactly is it jerky? Do you mean when you pull away? ***uming the clutch is in good condition, it can naturally be quite bitey, in keeping with the sportiness of the Type S. It took me a little time to get used to my 2.4 and I'd often jerk back and forth as I'd pull away, would really annoy the Mrs :lol: . But I learned to be more delicate and smooth with the throttle.

But if there is an actual problem, I'm not sure. Perhaps a sticking brake?

Thanks for the reply Steve.

Clutch seems to be ok. It is mainly in second and third for about a mile, it is quite jerky, jumpy, as if it wants to go. About a mile into the journey the jerkiness goes.

I am getting fuel filter replaced in the next week or so, as I don't think its been done (got 83,000) on the clock with FSH.

Cheers

Gazz

If you hold a constant speed, does it feel hesitant on and off, a bit like some tapping the brake really lightly for a fraction if a second?

If so, could be O2 sensors. Common thing on accords.

Fuel filter ;)

Shiny,

That is exactly how it feels, but only when cold (i.e. within a mile or so of driving).

I will look into getting the O2 sensors replaced as well. Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

Gazz.

PS Its the wife's car but she won't let me buy a weekend toy (S2000) so am looking to do this motor up but keep it stealth. Where do you guys get performance parts from?

Hello, im new to this forum.
I realise this is a year old but my accord that I just got is doing this exact problem, just wondered if it got sorted out ?

Kris.

Kris, I've been getting this too on my 2.4 Tourer. It clears after a mile or so so not particularly bothered me. Getting it serviced next month and planning on replacing fuel filter in tank. Hopefully this will clear it. Otherwise drives a dream .

Plasma, would u keep me posted if it does clear it up?
Are u getting ur valve clearences checked as I read somewhere that may cause it???? But dont know. Ive read that much now that it could be.