What's new

Condensation in headlights.

You can try put new silica bag inside.

i have this problem with mine now.. any ideas where in store i can buy these silica bags? also where do you put the bags when you install it ?

You can buy them from ebay.Open plastic cup in the light on the back and put inside.You should fix easy,if condensation back,change new bag.Old you can dry on radiator and latter reuse.you can put 200g silica bag iside.
If you want,I can check size for you tomorrow.

hey Tomas44 cheers for the heads up dude. if you can tell me what sized you had before would be great.

i was thinking to install HID on and sit all the units in site the head lamp at the bottom.. but this just happen and thinking of a way to sort it out before i install.

I have HID's in mine. Is it those bags you get in shoes sometimes? I might be able to get some from work as we sell golf shoes :) and they normally have them in there. If so where do you put them?

Bags from shoes not good,because to small.I take picture latter and post,how they looks.

Let us know how is going with new bags.Be carefully,don't break then you puting inside.

do you just place them at the bottom of the lamp as there is a massive space there... i was going to put my HID kit in that space..

Thanks Thomas this is helpful for me too mate

I used double sided tape to secure them to the inside of the lamps. Very rarely now get condensation.

I bought a job lot of these of Amazon a while back when i had the same problem. Removed the old ones which were rock solid and stuck the new ones to the cap on the rear of the headlamp with double sided tape. All condensation was gone within a couple of weeks.

Well you learn something everyday.

I had condensation in my headlight when I looked noticed the plastic cap was missing and noticed one of these bags in there I ***umed it had been placed in there because they didn't have the cap LMAO

I did think at least the kept with the Japanese theme :)

If you don't have silica bags try small bag of cat litter I've heard some people use it to stop condensation build up inside their cars. I keep meaning to buy some and try it myself.

I was having a similar problem so bought some 5g silicon gel bags and put them in. Overnight the problem of condensation was gone. Amazing....

I released the plastic casing round the back of the headlight where you change bulbs and pulled it away a little bit and seems to be fine now. No condensation at all.

Tomas44 said:
You can buy them from ebay.Open plastic cup in the light on the back and put inside.You should fix easy,if condensation back,change new bag.Old you can dry on radiator and latter reuse.you can put 200g silica bag iside.
If you want,I can check size for you tomorrow.
Being lazy and not wanting to stand out in the freezing cold for to long, what do you mean by 'plastic cup' on back of light?

One are rubber,another plastic.Then you open,you can easy put bag inside headlamp.

STREWTH, what a job, looks like at some point I will need to remove the headlamps and chisel out the old Silica packets and lubcircate the hinges on the headlamps so the adjusters don't have such a hard time!!! I had to get me lad to put the drivers side silica pack in as I just physically couldn't get my hand in!!!

Best thing to do guys is turn your headlights on inc full beam to get the housing nice and warm. Once warm.. Remove the rear cover and leave off for 5 or so minutes.. Then replace the cover and turn lights off.

If you can add a fresh bag of silicone beads before you put the cap back on then thats better :)

Hi Guys,

I have a question, the space you guys talked about to place celiac bag is behind high intensity headlight housing were you access the bulb?

i placed 50gm bag in there couple of weeks ago, condensation did go away but only from the headlight side and hit beam side is still have it.

What should i do. I never saw this in summers.... but since the star of cold weather its there, do you reckon any other issues ?

Once i changed the bulb myself and that was just start of winter, and i have it since then.
Please advise

I think that your bag to small.If you have spare one,take this out and replace with new one.Old you can put on radiator to dry.

Can anyone put up a photo of exactly where these Silica bags go, would be much appreciated; incidently Condensation seemed to stop in mine for a while and now back again I noticed! with reference to the photo below, I get the condensation in the area indicated by the RED arrow, but can only get easy access to the lamp that is (has the large whiteish coloured screw on cap) indicated by the YELLOW arrow, is this where people are putting the silica bags if so is still likely to help with the condensation being at the other end of the headlamp?
Cheers Pete

Pete i think we both are in same boat. I placed celiac bag of 50g in yellow arrow section and i still have condensation in red arrow area.

Is there any other solution, or rather a root cause solution which eliminates the condensation. Y this is happening? i am sure my lights don't have any leak or was it? how can we get this resolved forever? i am sure all modern cars don't have this issue then why 7th gen?
Should i change seals?

Please advise ..... really desperate!

I think we are in the same boat mate, it's crazy for a car of this supposed quality, never got this on my 2004 civic or any other previous cars for that matter.
Cheers Pete

I have a simlar issue it happened after i asked halfords to replace my bulbs.... yep here it goes; one night driving home in the dark the police pull me over saying my head lights out please get it replaced ASAP being me a little paranoid i thought well i will go halfords and get the guys there to quickly swap it out its dark and they can do it instead. They never put the light covers back on so now i drive around with no covers with dirt + condensation in my light fitting. How does this solve the ops problem it doesnt but i hope he feels better he is not in my situation fighting with Halfords to clean and fit new light covers.