What's new

Condensation

Solvalou

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 1.8 VTEC '51'
I've been having a real nightmare with condensation build up lately, infact there's so much of it when I wipe it off the windscreen, it literally covers the dashboard in a pool of water. I've tried some of these containers with white shingle stuff inside and all it did was replace the contents with merky water. Is there any way i can get rid of this moisture buildup in my car? I reckon there must be pints of water just stuck inside the damn thing.
It's also causing the car to smell a bit stale too so is there a good way of making the car smell naturally nice without using overpowerd air-freshner's like a mini-cabber (obviously once the condensation issue has been fixed)?

Thanks in advance.

Check engine bay and wheel we'll areas for loose gromits, clips etc. clear under bonnet of all leaves etc. leave some card board in the foot wells over night and see if you absorb any water from anywhere.

is the heating system working correctly in all cars with this problem? What's you coolant levels like?

Edit: just try to get a process of elimination going

You can try:1KG DRY AIR CAR/HOME DEHUMIDIFIER BAG MOISTURE ABSORBER/DAMP EATER.Its are on amazon.

Thanks for the responses, il do the checks and try the cardboard trick, might buy myself a bag of that stuff too. I just hope it doesn't turn to goo like the thing I tried before...

I get this aswell. Last time it was all iced up outside, so I scraped it off, only to go inside and find whole of the inside screen was iced up!

No signs of water inside, but part of the rubber door seal is teared, so moisture might be getting in there.

Very annoying none the less and these sort of problems can be a PITA to solve.