What's new

Conversion to SCR (AdBlue) ?

Channel Hopper

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 7 Estate 2005
Now Khan has been elected for another four years the ULEZ zone extension moves forward to October, preventing me from driving another two relatives back home after Sunday lunch.

THere was an article in the motoring press that mentioned a conversion of older diesel vehicles to the Euro 6 equivalent by retrofitting of an SCR delivery device, basically AdBlue (synthetic urine ) injection into the exhaust system as per more modern oil burners of this world.

So, has anyone contemplated putting such a system into an older vehicle such as the i-CTDi's to achieve Euro 6 compliance or should I put my lovely car in stasis for thirty years, thawing her out when she is eligible for historic tax status (and ULEZ exempt ) ?

A bit about the technology, in easy to read format.

Storing a bottle of urine under the bonnet (or in the footwell next to the gearlever) and a pipe with one way valve can't be that difficult.

I don’t think the conversion itself will be as hard as getting it through any compliance testing and the subsequent approvals to allow it to be compliant. Honestly not worth the hassle. They want to ban diesel cars, and this is the most significant step towards it.