What's new

Cracked EGR pipe 2.2 iDTEC 2010

DOCC

Reaction score
Car
2010 Accord EX IDec
Just replaced mine, symptoms were very intermittent and not very noticeable. used to see exhaust smoke coming from the passenger wheel when i stop at traffic lights, then never see it again for months. again slight smell in the car then would be for for months.

Anyway was advised it will only get worse so decided to have it done. My local Honda dealer wanted £599, and an independent said they would fit it for £350 if i buy the part.

decided to have a go myself, as i fancy myself as a low to moderate level driveway warrior, when armed with a ratchet.

This job is 100% doable on your drive, took about 3.5 to 4 hours learning and checking spec as i went. if you are more accomplished with a spanner this could be done in under 3.

That said you will lose some skin and your gloves will tear, but very doable. 4 or 5 pieces need to come off to give you access but nothing is super awkward and only about 4- 6 nuts or bolts per piece. The longest part is heating the car up to refill the coolant.

Been told it can be done with out emptying the coolant, but that was beyond my skill level.

Just take your time and lay out each piece as you go, that's what I did. you might save yourself some money.