What's new

Crank no start when cold only!

Brendan

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2D
Hi guys,
I have a 2009 Honda Accord 2.2 Diesel. Had ongoing issues since last Christmas! Really driving me nuts now, poured a lot of money into the car the last 10 months and it still won't run properly.
It started with DPF issue, then onto glow plugs which was a nightmare, then onto valves in the head gasket seizing up which led to the head being stripped and re-skimmed.
Now the issue I have is crank and no start, but only when the car is cold.
I put in a new fuel filter and a brand new battery which made no difference at all.
Surprised about the battery as when I got it tested it said the battery was bad so I was hoping a new one would fix the problem.
No engine warning lights are on so I'm lost now.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks guys.

@saj, any idea what's going on with it? Any experience of this issue?

I'm bringing it to a new mechanic mid next week if all else fails.

When you had your dpf solved was the ecu reflashed? It so can you have your software flashed back to standard and then test the car to see if it exhibits any errors that might indicate what your issue is. If the head has been off, it could be a timing issue

@F6HAD, if it was timing would the car not have symptoms of timing issues while it's driving? It runs perfectly when it starts. I've had it with mechanic no.2 and he couldn't figure out the issue. He did the usual glow plugs and fuel test, all fine he said. When it was flashed DPF and EGR were deleted from the ECU. Could it bè EGR and it's not showing as it's deleted? Would Honda main dealers computer pick up the issue even though there's no engine/faults showing up? I'm hesitant to bring the car to Honda to be honest.
Thanks for any replys/ thoughts you have, much appreciated.

Honda are unlikely to pick it up if the software has been modified, like I said your best way forward is to have the ecu flashed back to stock and then allow a competent mechanic spend some time with it. Just because you’ve been told the egr and dpf have been deleted doesn’t mean a whole series of additional dtc’s haven’t also been suppressed at the same time.

Cheers for the advice F6HAD, I'll get onto them today, I'll post here what the fix was when i finally get it sorted out, hate for this to happen to someone else as it's a nightmare.