What's new

Creaking

Jon2.2

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord i-ctdi
Hi

My car (2005 honda accord diesel) has just developed a creaking noise when i take off from lights, im suspecting a bush or rubber somwhere or maybe the cold weather and it just needs lubing somewhere? im taking it to be aligned in that place in liverpool another member done a write up and shall i mention the symtoms to them?

cheers

Hi

My car (2005 honda accord diesel) has just developed a creaking noise when i take off from lights, im suspecting a bush or rubber somwhere or maybe the cold weather and it just needs lubing somewhere? im taking it to be aligned in that place in liverpool another member done a write up and shall i mention the symtoms to them?

cheers

Weird - mine has just started doing that too (2.4 VTEC) ;)

Sounds like your clutch release bearing guys. If it is, I would say just live with it for now as the labour involved means you may aswell change the clutch at the same time.

Could it be the squeaky clutch peddle? You'll need Molykote lube if it is. I greased mine up and it felt like a new clutch. Smoother and lighter.

Try this page John http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/87-clutch-pedal-creak-clicking/page__p__276__hl__clutch__fromsearch__1#entry276

It will hopefully solve your issues.

Obviously I can't speak for Jon, but mine's not the clutch pedal creak (I've had that problem). To be honest, it doesn't seem like it's a clutch release bearing either - feels more like something in the suspension creaking. It's too intermittent to diagnose at the moment, so I'll have to wait for it to get worse.

Obviously I can't speak for Jon, but mine's not the clutch pedal creak (I've had that problem). To be honest, it doesn't seem like it's a clutch release bearing either - feels more like something in the suspension creaking. It's too intermittent to diagnose at the moment, so I'll have to wait for it to get worse.

Graeme I would just inspect all the suspension parts for wear and go from there really. Can you replicate the noise if you push on the wing?

gcogger - yeah that is what i mean with mine, feels more suspension related, ie a bush or a rubber, its stopped now :S im thinking maybe the cold snap done something, now it has rained its gone, although i did put it in for a 4 wheel alignment the other day and maybe that has done something

gcogger - yeah that is what i mean with mine, feels more suspension related, ie a bush or a rubber, its stopped now :S im thinking maybe the cold snap done something, now it has rained its gone, although i did put it in for a 4 wheel alignment the other day and maybe that has done something

Hopefully yours is fixed, but mine sometimes goes away for a few days then comes back...

well it has returned, car is going in for a few bits so il ask them to take a look