Cruise Control Not Engaging

Stevearcade

TA Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord CM2
Hi Guys,

03 2.4 Exec Tourer. On the way to work this morning I came off a round about onto an A road, hit 60mph and tried to turn on the cruise control. Nothing happened. I use the cruise control all the time normally.

Anyway, I tap the clutch and try again, still nothing. I tap the brake pedal, try again - we have cruise control. This kept happening all the way to work. I use the brake to slow the car, then the cruise control wouldn't engage, I quickly, but gently tap the brake, and it would work again.

I'm imagining it's something to do a switch in the pedal mechanism, as my actual brake wasn't on, the car was pulling fine.

Also, I suffer intermittent "VSA !" light coming on and staying on. I turn the engine off, restart the car and it's gone. I've read this can be related to either a faulty brake sensor or a faulty switch behind the brake pedal (maybe one that's related to the brake lights and/or Cruise Control???). Might these two things be related, are the pieces of the jigsaw falling into place or am I just developing more problems :unsure: .

Any tips, greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Steve

Steve, I've had something similar a couple of times this year but on the clutch pedal. It will be the cruise disengage switch (there is one under the clutch and one under the brake pedal). It may need a very slight adjustment, grab a torch and take a look..

Will do. Thanks.

I think to be honest, the cold just got into her a bit today. Last night was the coldest we've had yet this autumn down here and I think the cold just got into the car a bit and freaked it out. You may have noticed in my other thread, the air con went funny this morning too. All was fine on the way home. I'll see what it's like in the morning. Fingers crossed this was just a one off, although knowing cars, it won't be :rolleyes: .

:)

Well hopefully just a one off but that would be the first time I've ever heard of a car catching a cold :rolleyes:

@ Steve,

sent you a pm relating to this.

Did you get to the bottom of the problem?
... i have identical issues.