What's new

Cruise control

shaft32

Members
Reaction score
Car
2003 accord types
I finally got my cruise control working for the first time.is there a min speed to activate it?also I take it to turn it on u press the cruise buttom and then hold and let go of the set button?

Dunno if there's a minimum speed, but mine will operate as low as 30MPH - I've never tried it lower, as top gear gets a little lumpy below that.

Yeah, turn it on by pushing the cruise button (and a dash light will come on) then, at the required speed, press and let go of the set button - another dash light will come on and you'll be cruising. Use the set/resume ends of the rocker switch to raise lower speed, as required. If you knock off the cruise by braking or using the clutch, then hit and let go of the resume button to pick up where you left off. It's pretty simple... have a play!

30 mph is the min setting for cruse control

I may be stating the obvious - but do not use cruise control where there is a possibility of ice on the road, or where there is standing water on the road.

The 7th gen owners manual says it should start at either 25 or 26mph, I forget which one. I can get mine to kick in at about 25-26. It won't activate lower than that. You need to first select the toggle switch so there's a green "Cruise Control" light on your dash and then once at the desired speed, you select the bottom switch of the up/down rocker switch. I think it says "set". Then you just press up to increase by 1mph at a time, or down by one mph at a time. If you hold your finger on either button it will keep speeding up or slowing down until you take your finger off the button. Pretty simple really. Kind of like a video game really.

If you clutch, brake or press cancel the CC deactivates and if you press the up half of the rocker switch, providing the car is above 25 mph it will reengage the cruise control and accelerate back up to the previous speed you were doing before the cruise control was cancelled. This part I like best. I end up driving around on the cruise control all the time. Read the road and cancel the cc well in advance if you need to slow, just roll in gear, slowing all the while, then once things are good to go, press the top button and let the car take you back up to the speed you need. This is ideal in 6th gear A-Road cruising, where 6th gear will drive you from 25mph up. It's a good way to keep your acceleration mild and consistent which also saves on fuel. Driving like this I manage 450 miles from a tank of regular, sainsbury's unleaded in my 2.4, with no motorway.

Cruise Control for the win :lol:

Well, it's down to driving style, you can get great economy without cc. But if I don't use the cc, I'm too tempted to open up the engine and hear her roar a little. Whereas the cc keeps me in check in a bit more. Makes my money go a little further ;)

it's a god send for the never ending 50 mph average speed cameras over the M62!

I wouldn't be without my CC and is great when towing the caravan ;)

it's a god send for the never ending 50 mph average speed cameras over the M62!

It is unless like our way the M4/M5 connection has a average trap on the downhill bit, ours don't brake to keep it at the same speed.
Mine comes on around 26mph

I've found that while you can only activate it at 30 MPH, you can then slow it down to about 25 using the decel button.