What's new

Daft question but need to ask

AndyHK

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Executive
As the ***le, it is daft to ask where can I buy a genuine Honda oil fileter? Certainly Honda....... but problem to me is the nearest Honda dealer is 65 miles away from me, drive a whole way for a fileter is a ha ha
So, is there any alternative?

Phone holdcroft Honda matey, they will deliver it to your door and at a good rate aswell. PM Brett for the TA member discount code aswell to get 10% off your order. ;)

I don't know about other models but the 7th gen diesel needs a 76mm cup wrench with (I think)14 flutes.

Unless the last guy has tightened it up way above spec, you'll quite likely be able to remove it by hand. Put on one of those gardening gloves with the rubbery surface to get a good grip. Marigold nicked from the kitchen at a push.

If not, the good old "punch a long screwdriver through it" trick to get leverage always works, and impresses the Environment Agency. :)

Hengist said:
Unless the last guy has tightened it up way above spec, you'll quite likely be able to remove it by hand. Put on one of those gardening gloves with the rubbery surface to get a good grip. Marigold nicked from the kitchen at a push.

If not, the good old "punch a long screwdriver through it" trick to get leverage always works, and impresses the Environment Agency. :)
"Punch a long screwdriver through it"...... sounds like stab it to death lol :D

What engine do you have? You could stab a screwdriver through the metal canister type filters, but if its the diesel then you need to reuse the plastic cap so don't even think about it.

Even when torque it to spec 25nm? Next time it's hard to get off... But then I'm weak lol​