What's new

Dash instruments and lights all dead

is your car due a fuel filter change?.......whats your cars mileage?. hondas service schedule for the diesel accord is to change the fuel filter every 25,000 miles. ***uming this has been adhered to it all depends on what service your car is due. every 12,500 miles the filter should be drained to remove water. it is completly up to you whether you want to treat your car to a new filter if it is not due one according to your cars service history.

you say the auto electrican cleared your engine codes?........is your engine light on now? if not i would ***ume there is no problem with either untill your engine light comes on again. if you took your car to a honda dealer they could have told you if it was a temporary dtc or not. we do not know this however. to sumarise..........if your car is due a fuel filter.....replace it. if not, wait to see if the engine light comes back on to confirm there is a problem.

Hi,

As mentioned the fault codes suggested a blocked fuel filter though it seems the problem was not due to what the codes said were issues, other than the loss of communication with the module. Problem was said to be due to a dry joint on a power transistor in the cluster.

The filter should have been changed 8,000 miles ago when the car had a 75,000 mile service. The ABS/ VSA lights were not lit because of a fault in those components but because of the dry joint. Joint fixed, lights now out. The auto spark did not clear the codes to my knowledge as the lights went out when he fixed the problem with the dry joint. I have never seen them lit prior to this.

As mentioned previously, with the fault codes suggesting a blocked filter ( though I have never seen the engine management light lit) I wondered if Honda dealer 1 really had changed the filter.

So I guess I am safe to wait until the engine light comes on and then ***ume it is because of a blocked filter - unless as others have stated, the error code is due to the way in which Honda Dealer 1 changed the filter ( if he did )

Cheers

T