What's new

Daytime Running Lights - to fit or not to fit

leighmcgough

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.4
Ok, So I am not looking to start an argument over whether to mod or stay purist!

Has anyone put DRL's on their Accord Estate and if so? Can they post photos... I'm considering it but would want to see other cars so I can ***ess the look etc.

thanks,

Leigh

May I be so bold and say I think LED running lights look a little tacky? It's each to their own OFC but I think Clarkson put it best when he said "They look like a council house at Christmas". :p

I'd stick to using sidelights, or doing a quick easy mod installing whiter (maybe blue-ish) bulbs. Just my 2 pennies anyway...

Agree with Solvalou....

Aftermarket ones just look tacky and every time I see them, I just shake my head.
Especially the people who try to copy Audi style ones (I just think there Audi wannabe's but can not afford one)

I opted for some LED lights for the back as a starter for ten... I will then put some LED sidelights...

I want to be subtle with my mods i have decided so will be staying away from DRLs...

i know this is a old post

how about this guys?
this is my vehicle
55649_image.jpg

Hey really nice man, why no one say something, sorry I just notice this, good mod, where did you get this DRL?
Wing said:
i know this is a old post

how about this guys?
this is my vehicle
55649_image.jpg

If you are going to get it done then do it properly. Take the headlights off and dismantle the headlight complete. Then fit the DRL bar similar to DRL in new civic.
I have this on my agenda but hardly get time for the car.

Hey man.
How about fitting a DRL relay, and using your fog lights as DRLs. When the engine starts, fogs come on. When sidelights / headlights are activated, fog lights go off. They can also be used as regular fog lights as well. I would replace the fog light bulbs with LEDs.

Hi -luckboy16138 they were from eBay
I have change them now with turn signals now:)
Drls and turn sing