What's new

Daytime running lights

Accord u2-09

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord CU2
hey all,

i am not from the UK so was curious to know did the 2012/13 CU/CW model receive the DRL's from the factory? as the UK law required cars to have DRL from the factory in 2011?

The later cars come with slightly different headlights. I'm guessing that was to accommodate this? On earlier cars like mine there was an orange indicator lense cover which also changed to clear. Hopefully someone with a later car can give the necessary information?

The later cars come with slightly different headlights. I'm guessing that was to accommodate this? On earlier cars like mine there was an orange indicator lense cover which also changed to clear. Hopefully someone with a later car can give the necessary information?
yes the facelift models in 2011 came with clear turn signals like JDM and other bi-xenon headlights but both did not come with DRLs in my knowledge only the North American models received DRLs since the first CU/CW models in 2008 with high beams working as DRLs and they did not get clear turn signals or bi-xenon with a facelift in 2012 either

The requirement for DRL from 2011 was only for new to the market vehicles. The 8th gen Accord was already nearly 4 years old so it didn't have to have DRL's fitted from the factory.