What's new

Dealer phobia to be put to the test

ebod

Members
Reaction score
Car
I-CTDI SPUTNIK
Hi all, I finally called into the Rochdale dealership today just to ask what they'd charge to do a diagnostic on Sputnik. As it turned out they were quite helpful and I had a good 15 mins chat about its wonky idling/stalling and poor mpg.

Anyhows, its booked in next weds for a 30mins diag on their HDS kit to see if they can spot anything odd. I asked them to check EGR , vacuum & also injector flows. It'll cost £45 and maybe double if the search goes into a full hour, but I did feel the blokes I spoke to were interested to help rather than to make money. We'll see what Wednesday brings.....

if it's Rochdale Pennine honda then I've had good experiences with them, used to service mine before I worked in Manchester - although a decade ago!, and had good deals from the parts dept more recently - always got a good vibe in the past, hope it's the same crew
good luck

J

Just got back from Rochdale Honda ( was called Pennnie , now called Swansway ). They hooked it up to the HDS system and boost/EGR came up okay, but no4 injector was being frequently adjusted by the ECU , and the fuel rail pressure failed out of tol.
I asked about the pressure regulator and they said it was okay.

So the direction I need to take is fuel pressure related. The chap has never had a failed I-CTDI fuel pump so couldn't guide on symptoms. I thought that a failing fuel pump would have had starting issues or just outright imploded

But the no.4 injector is looking a likely focus point as if its not behaving like the rest, then I wonder if its not holding pressure and its leaking off.

Ian, what controls the fuel pressure... yes that's right, the maps!!

No I don' think you understand. If you follow Ian's threads, you will see he's spent quite possibly the last year chucking parts at his car and wasting time trying to fix it...all the while he's running an unknown remap on it. And what i've said to him time and time again is that he needs to put it to stock and then run diagnostics on it. It could be something simple like injector calibration, as inj 4 is cycling incorrectly by the sounds of it.. but what would be the point if its not running factory software!!

I really do despair sometimes.

...not doing owt til injector no.4 queried further. Just looking at financial options of used pumps/injectors on fleabay. Ironically b'cos pump/injectors are not well saught after ( due to top reliability ) , bargains can be found.
It might work out cheaper just to get an injector & a pump and get them fitted, as opposed to getting existing bits removed and tested.

Yeah I acknowledge maps control pressure ( and mine is a Dimsport map.......and to be honest...it smoked and did best 42mpg BEFORE I got it mapped )......but if an injector is leaking off then that lets the whole system down.

ah Fahad, i thought this was the EGR issue at the dealer.
Yes i have been reading these posts on how he is just throwing money at the car. Ebod, really you need to put stock map back on the car as Fahad has said. i highly doubt the fuel pump is an issue as i have not heard of these failing.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. EGR off is your answer, my mates been working on a Zafira for 6 hours today - all problems EGR & DPF related - nothing but trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!

No point guessing if its an EGR, Injector or pump problem. Put the car to stock, then have it diagnosed. Injector calibration could resolve it, they do lose calibration over time anyway.