What's new

debadging

Shane

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.0i V-Tech
Hi guys,

i was wondering if i could debadge the logos on my boot, spray them then stick the on again?

how would i go about doing that?

are they glued on or clipped on?

You can do this, perhaps heat up the badges a little with a hair dryer 1st to make the adhesive soft and then it will make them easier to remove. Once their off you can do as you please :)

Yeh glued on, if you have residue left then you dab some Isopropyl alcohol on some cloth and wipe it down, then to stick them back on use some double sided tape.

will it be a snug fit if i use double sided tape? i dont think it will fit right againt the body if i use that tape

Use plasti dip, I recently done my rears, sides and grill without taking them off and with a bit of masking you can get a super clean job as the excess will just peel off.

Depends on what tape you get, these are thin and would be near flush: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-rolls-of-double-sided-super-strong-adhesive-tape-6mm-x-33mtrs-/370549076226?pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&hash=item5646723102

but i can't imagine they would last very long and how they will cope with rain etc, maybe better brans like 3m might do good ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25mm-Wide-Heavy-Duty-Double-Sided-Strong-Adhesive-Tape-/360266979545?pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&hash=item53e195d8d9

the above is stronger but thicker.

Otherwise you could use some other paste based adhesive glue, but some might damage paint underneath.

The kids knicked all mine,they did me a favor as it looks miles better without them. B)

heres a picture of mine de-badged with a few replacement stickers of course :)
20140521_123658_zpsfb63186c.jpg

Here's an old one from my pre H22 days :D. I actually liked it with the hidden exhaust!

2014-04-05164322.jpg

BlueVTEC said:
Here's an old one from my pre H22 days :D. I actually liked it with the hidden exhaust!

2014-04-05164322.jpg

Niiiice, i went for the whole shouty and loud exhaust but now im beginning to regret it slightly. Looks good though, you cant really see it but the exhaust is pointing upwards and out slightly :)