What's new

Design fault?

stellamon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i-DTEC
I noticed that the bonnet is resting on the top of the nearside windscreen washer and rubbing a little.

Can anyone else confirm that theirs is the same on the 8th gen accord tourer?

bziWLzb.jpg

BNJrJEx.jpg

Thanks for checking it out Grandad. I have a gap of 10mm or so on the right hand side. The left hand side needs to be higher to clear the wiper arm. Is your left hand one higher?

Check your bonnet alignment carefully, are all the panel gaps even? Perhaps the trim that holds the jets in isn’t sat correctly. It’s definitely not normal

No, they are both the same.

From your photo it looks as though the top section of your passenger side washer jet has been replaced with a much taller once, hence the closeness to the bonnet. The jets should be the same on both sides.

That's odd, the scuttle panel under the windscreen is a one part moulded piece and the moulding is higher on the nearside of mine, the jets are both the same and just fit into the scuttle panel.

Just been out and measured the height of the scuttle where the jets fit in, it's 38mm offside and 52mm nearside. Also noticed the jets are different, drivers side has 3 outlets and is not as high as the other side which only has one outlet.

Thanks F6HAD, bonnet is all good fortunately, maybe someone has fitted the wrong scuttle or wrong jet.

Last edited:
Just checked and the moulded panel is the same height across the car. I pressed it down and there was no movement in it.

I wonder if the windscreen has ever been replaced and the panel not fitted back correctly.

Looks like incorrect aftermarket jet fitted on one side

Just checked the honda parts catalogue and it appears both jets, as you said, should be the same so there's the culprit. Even though the moulded scuttle is different heights to clear the wiper arm I would still have a gap if the correct jet was fitted, Thanks for checking it out for me.
Yes F6HAD, Thanks, just realised that, I will get a new one ordered before it rubs the paint off.

Last edited: