What's new

Detachable Tow Bar with non-visible bumper cut.

Wazza350

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S
Hi people,

I was reading a post this morning about people wanting a detachable tow bar without a visible cut and I have one fitted to my Type-S.

The bar I have is a Witter detachable, part number HN55Q, purchased from Towequipe in Nuneaton. I had the single 13 pin electrical socket fitted too.

On the Type-S, the bumper cut is totally invisible, due to the rear splitter. The cut is on the underside of the splitter that is obviously mounted to the underside of the standard bumper. Looking at the standard bumper itself, it does have a cut that you would be able to see. Not a massive cut, but it would be seen.

The 13-pin electrical socket too has been mounted so that it swivels up behind the bumper, thus making everything completely invisible. Obviously the cut then had to be lengthened a bit more to allow space for the socket to tuck up behind, but the cut itself is still only around 15cm wide.

Hope this helps somebody, basically fit a Type-S splitter and you'll have no worries! :)

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PHOTOS :lol:

I think what Brett meant to say was:

e-needpics.gif

Photos as promised... had to wash it first! :D

With Bar
2fee194d.jpg

Without
6ea716a4.jpg

c1ab0286.jpg

The cut
417bffc0.jpg

Yep its good i just wish i had a detachable now :(

hi
looks good!
how much was it - fitted or DIY? Is this the same model tow bar for a tourer and would the effect be the same?
might pop to towequipe for a chat, got my boot liner from them recently and they were having a sale on tow bars but i bet it's finished now.

just to update this. i fitted the same towbar today onto my sport 2.2d
i guess the sport has the same rear splitter as the type S, as i had to chop into it exactly as described in the original post.

i took pictures throughout the process, so i guess sometime during the week i will do a little writeup of the work and include pictures. my little way of saying "thanks" to the community on here for the things ive learned during my 2 months of ownership (and 6000 miles!)

i guess the sport has the same rear splitter as the type S, as i had to chop into it exactly as described in the original post.

i took pictures throughout the process, so i guess sometime during the week i will do a little writeup of the work and include pictures. my little way of saying "thanks" to the community on here for the things ive learned during my 2 months of ownership (and 6000 miles!)

Oooh Andy, can you post the picture of the cut.

TY J

Hi guys,

just a quick question about the wiring, where did you route the battery wire through the bulkhead? I believe this can be a bit of an issue.

Hi Andy - I have an 2008 EX GT and am looking to fit this tow bar which I understand does not require any visible cutting of the bumper - Could you reply with the exact part code required please.

thanks

gary

hey you guys ;)

heres the emailed invoice from PF jones
PF Jones <enquiries@pfjones.co.uk>

14/03/2012

to me
Dear xxx,

The products have been sent out to you. The order information is given below

Order ID: #28987
Shipping method: Towbar Postage
Shipment date: 03/14/2012, 08:02 PM
Carrier: UPS Standard
Tracking number: 1Z3374176847812992

Click here to track your order

Products:

1 x Honda Accord Saloon 2003-2008 Detachable tow bar
Options:
Universal Electric Kits No Bypass: Single Electrics (+£5.00)

Honda Accord Saloon Dedicated Electrics: Please Choose

Leads and Adaptors: Please choose if required

Thank you for choosing PF Jones.