What's new

detailing using a Kestrel DA Polisher

Gav

Members
Reaction score
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0D PL
Well I always intended to do this to my Accord but never seemed to get round to it :-(
From what I know now I wish I had, it's really easy and the cut is really safe, in fact it hasn't removed all the scratches but it has removed all the fine scratches/swirl marks.
If you're thinking of doing this DO IT, you'll be really impressed.

So have been doing my paint correction using this kit...http://www.i4detaili...A_MF_Kit_1.html

on hindsight I wished I had done this ages ago.
This cut is so light, it didn't remove all of the scratches but did remove all swirl marks/fine scratches. That's what I wanted to achieve.
This was my first go at detailing and my confidence was growing all the time.

This is the procedure I used;

Washed the car - normal method, snow foam, two buckets, rinsed off then dried with MF towels.
Used the DA on speed 4 and used pea size amounts of cutting polish, smells nice. Done around 2 square foot at a time and buffed off using a MF towel.
Done this over a few weekends and last week.
For the doors, I used white spirit to remove the tar on the bottom halves then used hot water and shampoo to remove the residue.

Then for the finishing wax, I used speed 2 to apply this, it's so easy to apply wax using a DA sure you still have to buff off the product but you;d have to do this anyway. This also smells great -blueberry

Beading was good but in IMHO not great to decided to apply Autoglym SRP on top, beading is now superb.

here's the results;

img3146d.jpg

img3147vsp.jpg

img3168q.jpg

img3160rl.jpg

img3159ht.jpg

img3157n.jpg

img3167dv.jpg

img3166y.jpg

img3165e.jpg

img3151fc.jpg

img3150zm.jpg

img3154r.jpg

img3170sc.jpg

Awesome result. I still have my polisher in box, so afraid to use it! I will have to though, my accord looks terrible in sunlight :(

So shiny!!

Wow, the finish looks amazing indeed. Have to say your XF is a nice motor. What are they like in general?

Awesome result. I still have my polisher in box, so afraid to use it! I will have to though, my accord looks terrible in sunlight :(

So shiny!!

Dan, do it mate you won't regret it. Your accord will look new...

Wow, the finish looks amazing indeed. Have to say your XF is a nice motor. What are they like in general?

Best car I've ever owned mate, very quick for a 2ton car. Not liking the 33mpg on ave, but that's my urban driving.
Like how you can driving it sedately but push the Dynamic button and it takes off like a scalded cat.

Wow! Shiny isn't enough, I mean it's like a mirror in places. Amazing!

Oh man, that's good. At first I wondered why you were showing us pictures of your house (pic 7 8 9) but then I realised they were reflections. Superb work!