What's new

Diagnostics

Quirrel

Members
Reaction score
Car
'05 Accord Estate
Any recommendations for a diagnostic tool from Ebay?

I have a standard ODB cable that I used on my Saab, but not sure if it will do the job with some software for a Honda or if I need something a bit more specific, and probably from China.

Not entirely sure what the question is...your old cable should work though.

Unless you get a Honda HDS type tool, the others will all read the same codes and give you the same info. Try the tool with a software such as EasyOBD and if it works, it'll do the job. Remember these only read engine codes, not airbag or abs etc.

Do the HDS clones on ebay alloy me to change settings in the car or are they limited?

They allow you access to the same modules Honda would with their HDS tablet. Not sure what you mean by changing settings as there isn't much to 'change'. What they will give you over and above the generic code readers is the ability to interogate the ecu's to a deeper level with specific information for each code, but advance diagnostics. Also you can check the ABS and Airbag systems and even do stuff like injector calibration.

Cheers.

I've used a VAGCom clone in the past and it was *****.

The OPCOM I had for the SAAB was ok, but only allowed code reading, however it let me mess with my mates vectra quite a lot.

Have to decide if it's worth the 80 quid outlay or not.

cheers

btw is there a spotted on ebay section? just noticed an ;04-08 leather interior on ebay ending in 16 hours.