What's new

Diesel pump cutting out when filling at petrol station

Gimbalbro

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 cdti
Firstly hello everybody I am new to the forum having just bought my accord yesterday.

As stated in the ***le when I am filling the car the pump keeps cutting out. I am able to fill the tank although I have to do it extremely slowly. I have tried 3 different pumps and I have the same issue everytime.

Today I took the vent hose off to see if it was blocked. I could see no blockages and I blew compressed air through both the rigid and flexible parts to clear them out. Tried it this evening and still wont fill correctly.

Has anyone had this issue before?
I would note that the filler neck on the accord seems quite shallow in comparison to other cars I have had. There also doesnt seem to be any kind of sealing mechanism around the inlet.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Try putting the nozzle in at an angle.

I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know. If it is this simple I will feel extremely relieved and extremely stupid.

I have had this issue on rare occasions if I push the nozzle in too far, so I always keep hold of the nozzle and don't push it in all the way.

Be prepared to feel relieved :)

I filled the car again yesterday. I think I have the hang of it now. Havent ever had a car that I couldn't ram the nozzle home and full send the pump so it just threw me. Thank you for the advice F6HAD and Stellamon.